Thursday, June 16, 2011

Xander's first stitches




On Monday July 13 I was trying to help out and get the kids bathed and ready for bed before Steven got home so they could just play with dad. Steven has taken over bathing the kids as it is too hard for me to lift them out of the tub etc. I got Ashlynn all done and out and ready and went to get Xander, I sat him on my lap (which doesn't exist, the baby has taken over my lab)and before I knew he he slipped forward and hit his head on the side of the tub where the soap goes. I grabbed him and then I saw this huge gash on his head, I was alone and started to freak out it was SO BIG! I immediately called the pediatrics office that is out here to see if they were still open and they said to bring him right over. I got him in the car and went to get Ashlynn in the car, I was dropping her off at a neighbors house and Xander started throwing up, whenever my kids cry hard they throw up, so then I had to hurry and change his clothes and then we were off. He did so awesome at the doctors office, he even feel asleep while the doctor was stitching him up, the doctor said it was the easiest stitch job he ever had done because Xander was so good. I still feel so bad, so much for helping out. Oh well accidents happen I guess.

1 comments:

Brigitte said...

Aw, poor guy!

But don't worry! Accidents definitely happen! By the time he's old enough to care, there will be just a tiny little, barely there scar. :)