Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bella Angelise Saunders






Our baby girl was born July 11 2011
weight 6lb 9oz 18 1/2" long

I decided to get induced for a couple of reasons, I had Ashlynn so fast (less than 2 hours) and I was positive for Group B Strep and need antibiotics in my system prior to her birth so she didn't get infected and cause complications. So I got to the Hospital at 7:45am and got all checked in, they started the antibiotics at 9am and they were dosed every 4 hours for three doses. after the second dose around 1pm they got the Pictocin going, I was only dilated to a 2, but having contractions on my own every 3-5 minutes so they thought I would go really fast. They asked if I wanted an epidural and I said of course so the Dr came in to give it to me and he accidently went into my spinal canal, so I ended up with a spinal like they do for C- sections I was so numb I couldn't feel or move my legs, very weird feeling, I did not like it at all and don't recommend it! Well at 5:30 I was only at a 3 so they thought it was safe to break my water since all the antibiotics were in me, the nurse came in and checked me at 6pm and I was ready to push, that's all it took to get me going! I had called my mom just before 6 and told her the nurse anticipated a 6:30 delivery, so she headed, the doctor came in by 6:10 and was ready to go, we called my mom and she was about 10 minutes out so since she missed Ashlynn's birth I held out pushing and when she got there pushed like 3 times and she was here! She was perfect! The only bad thing was since I had a spinal epidural I had to lay flat for 6 hours, well actually till 6am the next morning, it was the longest night ever I couldn't really hold Bella nor feed her, but really didn't want to risk the spinal headache and have to get a blood patch. so we are thrilled to have Bella in our lives, we love her so much. wish her siblings could come see her but they have developed a rash all over and didn't want to expose them to any of us!

1 comments:

Brigitte said...

So happy for you guys!! What a little cutie! Love her name :)